Gustave Roussy

Gustave Roussy

Gustave Roussy, located in Paris, France, is Europe's premier cancer center.

Continuing a Century-Long Commitment to Cancer Care

Gustave Roussy

In 1925, the Seine Conseil Général established the Paris Suburban Regional Cancer Centre and appointed Professor Gustave Roussy its director. Two years later, France recognized the Centre's Institut du Cancer to be of public benefit. In 1950, it was renamed the Institut Gustave-Roussy after its late director and renamed again in 2013 to Gustave Roussy.

The Institute has remained steadfast in its commitment to provide acclaimed cancer patient care, conduct cutting-edge research, and educate a new generation of practitioners in the fight against cancer. Gustave Roussy, holding to the values of the eponymous professor, approaches oncology from a multi-disciplinary strategy that integrates care, research, and teaching with both innovation and humanity. Today, the Institute employs a talented staff of more than 3,000 individuals, including 520 doctors, 2,000 nurses, and nearly 1,000 researchers – all of whom are committed to the vision of offering patients top-notch treatment and advancing the global examination and understanding of cancers.

GRoW Support

2003

Research - Digestive Tract Cancers and Youth Cancer

Operations - Surgical Equipment

Project - Youth Programs